Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Week 4 and its Challenges

It matters. The classes I facilitate need to make sense to me and the students. Or its just not as fulfilling. A familiar comment to this class is, "This is helpful, and informative, but challenging". I agree- it is. Even as a professor who has taught this class numerous times, it never stops having its challenging moments. I know the responsibility I have, not simply to present theory, but to facilitate a space where consciousness raising-deep inner questioning- can occur, and most importantly that it connect with our love for Jesus. I do not take lightly what we do every Wednesday. I observe in each student, human/spiritual beings, who are doing amazing work, within different areas. Some ofare sharing your stories openly, others are asking tough questions, some are revealing developed biases, and some just listen really well. Thank you for continuing to chew on the broccoli and enjoy the lollipops! It matters.

Keeping His Vision- Even When Seeing Isn't Easy,
Prof. Lopez-Humphreys

1 Comments:

At February 7, 2005 at 6:46 PM, Blogger SWK 254 Understanding Diversity said...

Do you notice how much tension grows in class as we talk about issues like racism? It is fascinating to see these things as they go along, because just by observing people, you learn their feelings, emotions, and reactions toward different ideas. I really hope to be the best social worker for the Lord, because it is only with the authority of the Holy Spirit, and annointing, not to mention also knowledge of social work skills, that a life will be transformed, and helped the best way possible. yes i do have a passion for souls. I want to be prepared to help. ---Carlos P.s. i did write on this blog before i just forgot to put in my name. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home